Welcome! To help make your searches more effective within the new Chittagong University Library Books and Media catalog, try the following search tips.
Search field options
Select an option from the drop-down selector next to the search bar. By default, the catalog will search a wide range of fields.
- Use this type of search if you know the title of your item, such as “Pride and Prejudice.”
- Use this type of search if you know the author, editor, creator, producer, or star of the item you need.
- Use this type of search if you are looking for a book or video about something or someone.
- If you know the ISBN/ISSN/barcode of a book or journal, you can use this type of search to locate it. Note that ISBNs are specific to certain editions. This option also searches other identifiers, including UPC, OCLC Number, and Duke’s EAD IDs.
- Call Number
- Use this type of search if you know what the Library of Congress call number is for the book you need e.g. PS3563.O8749 B4 2006. Note: When “All Fields” is selected, call numbers will not be searched.
Contents of the catalog
The Libraries Catalog contains records for both print and online books, newspapers, conference proceedings, sound recordings, scores, videos, archival collections, maps, and more.
- Online Journal Titles: although many journal titles are accessible through our catalog, the separate Online Journal Titles search often provides more detailed information
- Databases: although many databases are accessible through our catalog, the separate Research Databases page is our recommended path for finding links to databases.
The Libraries catalog does not contain:
- The catalog does not contain links to individual journal or newspaper articles.